IT Project management can be defined as successfully delivering a working solution that meets it’s stated objectives, on-time, within budget.
The scale of the project might be as simple as adoption of a new software package for a business. Or indeed, as complex as the migration of an entire business software platform to a SaaS cloud environment. Individual IT Projects can tend to differentiate substantially in terms of objectives, requirements, cost, time and scope. Outsourcing IT Project Management responsibilities can result in significant in-house cost reductions for your business. This is due to savings we can pass on as result of our experience and library of software assets gained in dealing with the implementation and management of an array of projects over time for various clients engaged in different industries.
IT Project Management best practices for SME’s :
- Effective Communication
- Planning (objectives, requirements, cost, time and scope),
- Development / Testing / Monitoring
The tasks undertaken in project implementations for SME’s may vary depending on the nature of the project, but may include:
- Meet with clients to outline project requirements/goals.
- Work with clients to define the scope/budget of the project
- Plan project timescales and determine required resources
- Define clients system specifications, understanding their work practices and the nature of their business
- Possible travel to customer locations
- Liaise with staff at varying levels of a client business
- Prepare relevant documentation and present progress reports to clients
- Develop agreed solutions and implementation of new systems
- Testing and monitoring of new systems
- Present solutions in written or oral report formats
- Implementation of project deliverables
- Assist clients with management/staff change to project adoption
- Offer suitable training for end-users
- On-going maintenance support as determined by nature of solution delivered.
Project implementation can follow a number of approaches depending on the scale, scope and type of project to be delivered. More traditional project management methodologies may follow the Waterfall approach or Iterative/Incremental life cycle. More than often an Agile development approach can yield better long term savings for business for software project solutions. The adoption of the Agile methodology results in clearly defined milestones with regular check-in phases throughout the lifecycle. The results of adopting an Agile approach is that segments (or iterations) of the developed solutions can be easily reused/recycled for other projects.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss your project requirements using our contact form here.